Asus N73SV-TZ193V reviews and prices: 17.3" Laptop computer

This laptop is a good all rounder.

No prices available

Asus N73SV-TZ193V with Dual Core Processor, 6GB of Memory and 640GB Storage on Windows 7 Home Premium. See full product description

People Also Viewed

3. Expert reviews
  5. Related products

Customer reviews of Asus N73SV-TZ193V

Colin, General home user

Score 8.0/10
This particular laptop is one of the few with BluRay at this level of price. It has a high spec. a quad processor - well dual CPUs with two-threads each, 6GB RAM, excellent connectivity, USB3, SATA III etc. What's not to like? Screen is fine, maybe not up to Apple levels. It's heavy, so expect to use it as a movable PC, and big. A 17" screen is pretty impressive, and HDMI lets you get the picture onto the home TV. Audio is good too for a lappie, though the outputs need to go to an home system and speakers for the best effect. Win7 was delivered as x64, which is good. I've been happy with ASUS for a number of years, they make very decent motherboards and graphics cards, and it shows in this excellent product.
Given my overall satisfaction, the bad points have to be viewed in context: it's always nice to have 'more' or 'better', but this is a pretty good deal at this price point. Keyboard is a bit flexi and 'chicletty'. I never actually drove my laptop to use it's discrete graphics card, despite using a Bluray DVD, which did exhibit some mild stutter in the image. Despite being a SATA III system, I don't believe anything is connected and used as SATA III. What would revolutionize this laptop would be to fit a SATA III SSD. The 'quick launch' facility into linux and Chrome (on booting) fails to use the graphics resolution available, and looks like a stretched mobile handset, at 200x320, with about as much use. That was disappointing, as it's so easy to fix.
Battery life 6.0
Design 9.0
Size and weight 7.0
Performance 8.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 30 Jun 2011

Edward, Outer London General home user

The keyboard ensures I do not scrunch my body up to type. The scree has extremely good resolution, the wide screen easier to use. The lay out when I use explorer is good. THe wireless connectivity is excellent I am about 10 meters from my wireless router and I have an 80% signal. I download from the BBC large programme files without any problems. The programmes when replayed in HD with the on board sound are superb. I have gone back to school as I have now retired, I am studying for as degree in Art History, the system gives me the ability to have tabs open at the same time and with the 6 gig memory and the 1 gig dedicated video I am able to look at paintings in gallerys and discs from the OU with interviews etc without problems. In conclusiion I am still exploring the systems capability but thus far love it.
As with allnew systems it comes with pre loaded system, I did ask for it to be set up. I prefer Zone Alarm to F Secure protection as In do not know how good F Secure is. Some of the software is not as good as other brands on the market and is an irritant( remember I am a grumpy old man) I have removed it. Finally I would have liked the system without a camera although I am told this is common in todays social networking society
Battery life 8.0

Number of cores Dual

Also known as: ASUS N73SV

Laptop Buyers Guide

Manufacturer's Description

• Elevate your aural experience with SonicMaster technology, developed with the experience of Bang & Olufsen ICEpower
  • Enhance your visual enjoyment with Video Magic Technology
  • Enjoy even more awesome power with 2nd Generation INTEL® CORE™ Processor
  • Experience high transfer speeds with USB 3.0
We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 366 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or