Acer X3910 E5500 PC Reviews: Windows 7 Home Premium Computer

+ This desktop computer scores high on design. - It has no outstanding negative points.

No prices available

Acer X3910 E5500 with Intel Celeron E3400 2.6 GHz Dual Core Processor, 3GB of Memory and 500GB Storage on Windows 7 Home Premium. DVD writer See full product description

Some customer reviews of Acer X3910 E5500

Angela, Ipswich General user

very easy to set up and use, very fast as you would expect from a new computer. I would recommend this desk top.
Probably my mistake but as I needed to use wifi due to it's location in the house I had to buy a dongel, but I spent alot of time trying to get the internet working prior to realising this. As I am not a computer expert I had to ask the help of my daughter!!!! And felt rather stupid having spent so much time trying to get the internet sorted!
How easy to connect to internet 3.0

Confirmed purchase: 26 Nov 2011

Confirmed purchaser General user

no problems a great replacement
as always no software bundle apart from trials
How easy to set-up 9.0
Software bundle 6.0
How easy to connect to internet 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 10 May 2011

pamela, manchester General user

Score 10.0/10
its quiet only small so will fit in small space nice keyboard
did not come with moniter
How easy to connect to internet 10.0

Confirmed purchase: 09 Sep 2011

Paul, Shepton Mallet General user

Score 8.0/10
An excellent base system for a home pc
slightly noisy hard drive, nothing major. Needed 300+ microsoft updates straight out of the box - all automatic, but time consuming
How easy to set-up 8.0
How easy to connect to internet 8.0
1 of 1 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 07 Jul 2011

Cheryl, Melton Mowbray General user

Score 10.0/10
Having recently bought an expensive iMac which I have 'converted' into a PC via Parallels, I still missed having a real PC (although this is in no way a poor reflection on Apple - my iMac is amazing). There are just some things that I prefer to do on a PC. Anyway - I spent ages agonising on whether I could justify buying anoher new computer and if so, which one to get. Acer has a good reputation and I liked the look of this one and was particularly pleased with its spec. I had my eye on it for over 6 months before I purchased it (which was quite fortuitous really because its price dropped twice!) and at this point I decided to make the the plunge. Do I regret it....NO I DON'T! I love it....it is really easy to set up, really easy to use (although I am a newcomer to Windows 7 having previously only ever known XP) and I am really enjoying using it. It looks smart and sleek and is very quiet in operation. I love the fact it has an SD card reader and 9 USB ports...which was definitely a contributory factor which influenced my choice. I have had no problems with it whatsoever and even found it easy to set up wirelessly via my router by buying an ethernet card. I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone wanting a decent, attractive, PC.
It is a shame to have to put anything here but I do feel I need to mention the following:

1) Although the mouse works perfectly, it does look and feel very primitive and low-budget. (Not a major gripe because decent replacement ones are not expensive).
2) It would have been so much better a deal had it had wifi connectivity. Again, although this was relatively easy to fix, it is a pity an ethernet card hadn't been factory fitted....I'd have willingly paid the extra that this might have incurred.
3) The Microsoft Office package was not a full version. Thankfully I had recently bought MO Professional 2010 to install on my iMac which was compatible when it was running in PC mode.

Having said all this - I still think it is a machine well worth buying and don't regret my choice at all.
How easy to connect to internet 10.0
3 of 3 people found this review helpful

Confirmed purchase: 07 Jul 2011

John, Yeovil General user

Acer are good - it works as it said it should
Windows 7 is a pain - not because it's different from XP but what they have added on is totally unnecessary. There are also conflicts with Netgear software for wi-fi....
How easy to connect to internet 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 05 Sep 2011

Martina, Lurgan General user

Score 10.0/10
very compact....great wee machine!!!!
none so far,,

Built-in disc drive DVD drive
Number of USB ports 9

Also known as: Acer,X3910,E5500,3GB,1TB

Manufacturer's Description

The Acer Aspire X3910 desktop PC contains plenty of features inside a sleek black design, fitting perfectly into any office space. 9 USB ports make the X3910 ideal for plugging in extra peripherals such as mobile phones, iPods, external hard drives and printers.
Pre-installed with Windows 7 Home Premium, the Acer X3910 is particularly user-friendly, featuring 2GB of RAM to smoothly run various tasks simultaneously. The X3910 comes with an Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.5GHz processor, and 500GB of storage space for your photos, videos, music and documents. The desktop unit, mouse and keyboard are all supplied, allowing you to begin computing immediately.

We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 419 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or