Acer Aspire 7535G-824G50Mn (Refurbished) reviews and prices: 17.3" Laptop computer

Photo of Acer Aspire 7535G-824G50MN (Refurbished) Laptop

+ This laptop has no outstanding positive points. - It scores very poorly on battery life.

No prices available

Acer Aspire 7535G-824G50Mn (Refurbished) with Dual Core Processor, 4GB of Memory and 500GB Storage on Windows Vista Home Premium. See full product description

People Also Viewed

4. Related products

Some customer reviews of Acer Aspire 7535G-824G50Mn (Refurbished)

Shirley, Dawlish General home user

Score 8.0/10
Quick to load and a good size screen. Mega improvement on my last laptop. Overall I was not disappointed with my purchase although I have not used to its full potential yet. Good quality sound and picture.
The laptop is quite heavy but I was aware of this before I purchased. I would not recommend it if you need to be on the move. Would be useful to have a longer battery life.
Battery life 3.0
Size and weight 7.0
Performance 8.0

Confirmed purchase: 24 Feb 2010

Jeff, Caerphilly General home user

Score 8.0/10
Really nice Laptop fast and reliable which gives a good performance, it does what it says on the tin
I am right handed and the mouse is slightly off centre to the left
It had Vista, not windows 7
Battery life 6.0
Size and weight 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 18 Mar 2010

Arvydas, Spalding General home user

The laptop is very good, just need to instal win 7.
Battery life 8.0

Battery life 3.0
Size and weight 5.0

Confirmed purchase: 12 Nov 2009

John, Ilminster Business user

I admit that I haven't used the Acer much but as far as I can see it is excellent and one of my best buys (even the shiny blue finish is great). The only big thing I have against it, is that it took ages to find out how to use it, as I haven't had a laptop before and it didn't include any instructions whatsoever. No CDs either.
So, just turning it on was a challenge. I had to surf the Internet on my PC for days to find info and still only 50% of the way there. The screen is great (I do a lot of CAD), as is the keyboard. I don't like the touch sensitive cursor mover, so I plug in a proper mouse. The only problem though, is the USB ports are at the sides, near the front, so the mouse wire (or wireless dongle thing), stick out right in the way, where you rest your hands!
Lastly, if you use this laptop actually on your lap, you get a burnt leg from the air outlet. So you have to put a big tray on your lap first -which is then also a handy area to use the mouse!
Also, I as I deliberately got the Vista OS, I can still use my old AutoCAD 2000 and my MS Office 2000, which runs fine. One thing I miss, though is a parallel printer socket, as I cannot use my old A2 printer now. I bought a USB to parallel cable but find it is useless, despite surfing for new software and drivers etc.
See above
Battery life 8.0
Size and weight 9.0

Confirmed purchase: 08 Jan 2010

Confirmed purchaser Music, gaming or video fan

Pretty slick looking - nice and shiny on back. Has a touchpad locker which is really handy since I use a mouse and I'm sick of having the cursor jump around whatever document I'm typing on because my thumb touching the thumb pad!
Graphics card is actually pretty nifty - can watch HD films no problem and play games like DOW on full graphics at high resolution (1600x900) at about 40fps which is great!
Battery life is TERRIBLE for this laptop, maybe squeeze 2 hours if screen is on low and your word processing, but anything else and you can forget about it. Also, I upgraded to windows 7 from vista, and graphics card drivers didn't work and Acer doesn't offer any working replacements. Need to fart around trying to fix it yourself, as well as disabling windows update from upgrading the drivers otherwise every day you need to install them all again!
Battery life 2.0

RAM (Gigabytes) 4
Hard disk capacity (Gigabytes) 500
Number of cores Dual
Laptop Buyers Guide
We searched for this product high and low,
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 422 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or