Last updated: 23 May 2011
This policy describes the privacy practices that apply to Reevoo Ltd’s website, Reevoo.com, and explains how we may collect, use, and share information associated with the web site’s services. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Guiding Principles
• Your data is yours: We believe strongly that you own the data we have on file on you. We aim to provide you easy access to all the data we have on you and easy ways to modify or remove personal data.
• You are in control: We believe you should have the choice as to how much personal data you share with us. We do not require any personal information to access the service. You do not have to register to access the service. If you do decide to register, you do not have to give us personal information such as home address, date of birth, or sex. You do not have to provide us your email address to access the service. You do not have to accept cookies. But please note that the service may not be as useful if you don’t.
Information We Collect
|What||Who||Description||Why and how|
|Technical information||All users||Reevoo servers may record various pieces of technical information your computer sends to us when visiting our site, such as IP address, browser version and capabilities, and referring site addresses. An IP address by itself could identify you personally, although in most cases it won’t. See for more information: Google’s article on IP addresses||To make the site more secure and easier to use; to monitor and troubleshoot performance and reliability issues; and to judge the effectiveness of specific features and marketing campaigns. We only make use of aggregated data. We do not use technical information to identify you personally.|
|Usage information||All users accepting cookies||
We may store what products you view on reevoo.com, what links you click on or what information you have entered previously on our sites, including what you searched for on reevoo.com. Some of that information we store in a small file on your computer called cookie. We use web beacons to track what you view and click on the site and any emails we send you. See web beacons on wikipedia. We use Google Analytics.
All users coming directly from a search engine
|Reevoo servers record the keyword you entered on a search engine immediately prior to landing on our site.||To try to provide you with a better experience, knowing what you are looking for.|
|Communications||Registered users||You can opt to receive our regular newsletters by email for notifications of competitions, deals, latest news and invites to do interesting things. You can opt to receive alerts on price drops or back in stock products by email. You can choose to communicate with experts at Reevoo for product advice.||We only use the email address for what you provided it in the first place. You can easily opt out of receiving the emails by either changing the settings on your account page or by unsubscribing on the link on the email.|
|Sharing||All users||You can choose to share pages with a friend via email, facebook, twitter or other social networks.||We do not store or use the contact details of your friends you share pages with.|
|Private shortlists||All users accepting cookies and registered users||You can put items in a shortlist while you’re doing your research. If you want to save these items to access from another computer you can register for an account. Once you have registered, you can even send your shortlist to a friend or to one of our experts for advice.||To assist you in your decision what to buy. To gain insights through aggregation into what is popular.|
|Registration info||Registered users||In order for you to take advantage of some of our services, we may ask you to register, at which time we ask you for an email address and to create a password. You can provide more personal preferences if you wish.||To allow you to keep track of your information across computers (e.g., access your research both from home and work).|
|Private notes||Registered users||You can store your private notes and preferences for your own research||To allow you to do your research to decide what to buy. To gain insights into why certain products are chosen over others, but in doing so, we will never combine these notes with your user ID.|
|Public content||All users||You can post your questions, opinions, comments on the site or on our section of our partners’ sites. You can opt to do this anonymously or against your first name.||To allow you to share your opinions and help other shoppers.|
|Profile||Registered users||You can tell other users a bit about yourself and create an online identity (e.g., nickname and avatar). You can connect with friends and other shoppers. You can control what is public and what is private.||To allow others users to get some context about you, so they can better decide how to judge your opinions, comments, reviews, preferences, etc.|
|Personal info||Reviewers||Shoppers who bought something online at any of our retail partners’ websites, receive an email from us after some time to ask them for a review. Their first name, place of residence and purchase details such as where, when at what are recorded. Some are asked if they are willing to answer questions via twitter or web posts.||To convey to shoppers that our reviews are from real shoppers who genuinely bought the product.|
|Personal info||Users of Ask an Owner||You can opt to use our Ask an Owner function, on our site or any of our partner sites. You are asked to provide their email address and first name. It is not required to do so.||To be able to notify you when there is an answer waiting for you. We will not reveal your email address to the owner, nor will we publish it on the web.|
|Aggregated||All users||We gather non-personally identifiable aggregate data of all kinds of service usage.||To improve the service and get insights into online shopping behaviour trends, which we may sell to business partners.|
|Banner advertising||All users accepting cookies||Banner ads on Reevoo.com, when shown, are handled by the following 3rd parties: Unanimis Ltd, IMS, IDGTN, Criteo, Captify, Yahoo, BlueKai, Magnetic and Adjug. They store which types of products you view (e.g.,”home entertainment”), and which advertiser’s ads you saw on reevoo.com in small files on your computer called cookies.||To give you relevant advertisement on Reevoo.com and on other sites that partner with these 3rd parties. These 3rd parties cannot read the contents of Reevoo’s cookie. You can stop having your web usage information used to target ads to you by opting out of targeted ads.|
|Text advertising||All users||Text ads on Reevoo.com, when shown, are handled by a 3rd party called Google Inc. The ads on the search results pages are matched against what you searched for. They are not matched against any of your personal data. The text ads on other pages are matched against the content on the page.||To give you relevant advertisement on Reevoo.com.|
In accordance with data protection laws, we keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purpose for which it was collected. However, if you request us to remove your personal information from our records, we will remove it within 3 working days.
As for data that does not necessarily personally identify you, such as our access logs showing which IP address requested which page, we keep that indefinitely. We do this to gain insights from the aggregate data, so that we can improve the service.
Reevoo Ltd is registered as a data controller under the Data Protection Act. In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you are entitled to request details of the personal information we hold about you. We will try to comply with your request free of charge, but we may have to charge a fee for complying with your request. If you become aware that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, you may request that we amend it. Any requests should be made in writing to us at email@example.com.
What We Don’t Collect
• Credit card details: We do not have your credit card details. If you use our site to decide what to buy and where to buy it, and then click through to any of our retail partners’ websites, we do not see any of the personal information you enter on their site. If you write a review after having bought online at one of our retail partners’ sites, we do not get your credit card details from the partner. Hence, we never know your credit card details.
• All search engine queries: We do not know all the things you search for on search engines. We only know what you searched for that made you land on one of our pages. We do not know what you searched for prior that. We look at the words that made you land on our site so that we can give you the best possible, relevant experience. We aggregate over all users landing on our site and analyse that to optimise our search engine rankings.
• Information about children: We do not and will not knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 16. Any person who provides their personal information to Reevoo through this website represents that they are 16 years of age or older. We urge parents of children under 16 to monitor their children’s web usage.
What We Share With Whom
• Reevoo.com users: Information you have chosen to share with other reevoo.com users as per your preferences set on your account page, will be viewable by other users (e.g., on your profile page and elsewhere throughout the site). You are in control to protect your anonymity. We urge you to be careful with posting personally identifiable information.
• Service Providers: We employ third party companies to perform site-related services (e.g., web hosting services, performance services, maintenance services, web analytics and improvement of the site’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our site and services are used. These third parties have access to your personal information only for the purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf.
• Business Partners: We will always anonymise your information when sharing it with business partners.
• Law Enforcement and Government: We cooperate with law enforcement and government officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to law enforcement and government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process, to protect the property and rights of Reevoo Ltd, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
How We Protect Your Information
• Anonymisation and encryption: When we store and process sensitive data such as email addresses, we make extensive efforts to protect that information from unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. These steps include the use of firewalls, network-layer encryption such as SSL and dedicated monitoring systems. We also limit access to personal information to only those employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
• No guarantee: No data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
• Notification: If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. We may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• International visitors and customers: This website is hosted in the United Kingdom. International users will be submitting their data to the UK under the protection of UK laws.
Changes and Updates
• Updates to this policy: We may occasionally update this policy. When we make substantial changes, we will say so on the homepage of the website for at least one week and also revise the effective date of the policy.
• Change of control: If Reevoo is ever sold, merges with another entity, or files for bankruptcy, the information covered by this policy will be considered a Reevoo asset and may be transferred. We will ensure a message will be posted on Reevoo.com about the change of ownership, and give you an opportunity to object to the new owner having your details.
The Reevoo.com Team
0207 654 0350
Friars Bridge Court
41-45 Blackfriars Road
London SE1 8NZ