- Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
If you can’t find the answer below, then please get in touch.
- How do you collect reviews?
- Can I write a review?
- How do the scores work?
- How do you rank the products?
- Are there any reviews you don’t publish?
- How do you make money?
- How long have you been running?
- Why should I trust your reviews more than anyone else’s?
- Which retailers do you work with?
- I’m a retailer. Can I get your reviews on my website?
How do you collect reviews?
We have a unique way of collecting reviews that lets us guarantee every review is from someone who really owns that product.
You buy a product from an online shop that we work with, the shop tells us about your purchase and we email you to ask if you’d like to review it.
You fill in our review questionnaire on Reevoo.com and include a proof of purchase, like a receipt or confirmation email.
You register your product with a manufacturer, they tell us and we email you to ask if you’d like to review it.
More detail about how we collect reviews
Can I write a review?
Yes. But only if you can prove you own the product. Our focus is on genuine reviews from real people, so, unlike other review sites, we don’t allow people to just add a review without checking if they really own the product. Most of the reviews you see on the site were written by shoppers who received an email from us after they purchased something from one of our retail partners. So if you bought something recently from Tesco.com, dixons.co.uk or any of our other partners, keep an eye out for an email from us. Alternatively, go to the page for the product on our site, sign up for reevoo Plus and get that purchase confirmation email or receipt you got when you bought the product, because only then will we accept your review.
If you can’t find the product you want to review on Reevoo, send us an email at email@example.com
How do the scores work?
We ask shoppers to rate the product from 1 to 10 in various categories, tailored to their specific purchase. For example, how they rate it overall, value for money, ease of use, sound or picture quality – anything a prospective buyer would like to know. The score out of 10 you see is the average of all overall ratings by individual reviewers.
How do you rank the products?
When you arrive at a category page, the products are ranked by ‘Most Viewed’. This is a way of showing the products that are most popular across our retail partner network.
You can also use the pulldown menu to sort by ‘Customer Score’, ‘Value for money’, ‘Price (lowest first)’, ‘Price (highest first)’ and ‘Release Date’ – depending on what you’re looking for.
Are there any reviews you don’t publish?
We want to publish as many reviews as we receive, good and bad, but there are a few reasons why we might not publish one:
- The review contains swearing or other offensive language
- The reviewer talks about delivery or service in the product review section. We want information about the shop’s delivery and service, but only in the section about that! Once a review is accepted, the “product review” section can be seen across any of our retail partners’ websites that stock that product – so it wouldn’t be helpful to talk about the service from just one of those retailers (whether it was good or not). The shop reviews are accessible from every pricing table on Reevoo.com, or you can see them on our retailer reviews pages.
- The review mentions price. Just like service, this might be different for a number of retailers. So we don’t include it.
How do you make money?
We charge retailers for collecting confirmed customer reviews and displaying them on their site. We also collect advertising revenue, mainly from the retailers if you decide to click through and buy something from them. Other advertising revenues come from displaying banner ads and text ads.
How long have you been running?
Reevoo was founded in 2005 by Richard and Ben. We’ve grown a lot since then and there’s now around 75 of us in the Reevoo office.
Why should I trust your reviews more than anyone else’s?
People trust our reviews more than others for two main reasons. Firstly, they are all written by real people, who have actually bought the product. Secondly, we don’t pick and choose which reviews to use – we publish all the reviews we can, good and bad.
Which retailers do you work with?
The full list is growing all the time. We work with big brand manufacturers like Sony, O2, and Sharp and major retailers like Tesco, Dixons, Best Buy and Jessops, as well as smaller sites that you may not have heard of.
I’m a retailer. Can I get your reviews on my website?
If you’re committed to collecting 100% genuine reviews, then you can display our reviews on your website. Find out more about our services