Lenovo ThinkPad R61e 7650 T8100 reviews: 14.1" Laptop computer
This laptop is a good all rounder.
Customer reviews of Lenovo ThinkPad R61e 7650 T8100Most helpful reviews
Laurie, Lancashire I work with PC's
- Good points:
- Solid construction, nice keyboard. Battery life very good, especially like the software battery tools and diagnostics. Overall i have no regrets buying this laptop. For some it may look old fashioned, but for me i prefer a solid machine that feels like it is'nt going to fall apart in 18 months.
- Bad points:
- In sunlight the diplay can be difficult to see. Although for me this is not a significant drawback. I found that some of the shipped software (ibm tools) were better uninstalled for improved performance. This may be due to the fact i downgraded to XP pro using the supplied CD.
|Size and weight||6.0|
|Value for money||9.0|
Confirmed purchase: 25 Jun 2008
Confirmed purchaser IT Engineer
- Good points:
- Not as good as my X41 - plastic instead of magnesium case BUT - still good quality. Properly built / solid laptop that will survive a lot!
- Bad points:
- It's ugly.
|Size and weight||5.0|
|Value for money||8.0|
Confirmed purchase: 01 Oct 2008
This Lenovo ThinkPad R61e 7650 T8100 is reviewed on TechRadar
|Screen size (Inches)||14.1|
|Screen size (Inches)||15.4|
|Screen Resolution (pixels)||1280 x 720 (WXGA)|
|Operating system||Windows Vista Home Premium|
|Hard disk capacity (Gigabytes)||120|
|Hard disk capacity (Gigabytes)||160|
|Number of cores||Dual|
|Number of cores||Single|
|Processor series||Celeron M|
|Processor series||Core 2 Duo|
|Processor speed (Gigahertz)||1.8|
|Processor speed (Gigahertz)||2|
|Number of USB ports||3|
|Built-in disc drive||DVD writer|
|Built-in disc drive||DVD drive|
|Built-in disc drive||CD-ROM drive|
|Battery life (Hours)||3|
|Graphics card brand||Intel|
|Graphics card model number||GMA X3100|
|Width in cm||35.9|
Also known as: Lenovo ThinkPad R61e 7650 -Laptop Buyers Guide
Performance and value
R Series models offer affordability and great performance, backed by the legendary ThinkPad design. Available in a variety of display sizes and form factors, R Series has something to meet most every business or home office need.
Small business and home office models
ThinkPad R series notebooks are equipped specifically for home office buyers. No IT department? No problem. These systems provide easy-to-use and easy-to-manage security, connectivity and other features critical to working in today’s networked world.
ThinkPad R Series notebooks are available with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology – including the Intel® Core™2 Duo processor – which can deliver greater performance, enhanced manageability, improved energy efficiency and longer battery life.
Other technology features available on ThinkPad R Series notebooks include:
- Intel Turbo Memory – Boosts performance and speeds boot times.
- Integrated or discrete graphics – Intel® integrated graphics are ideal for Web browsing and business appplications. Or for extra horsepower such as 3D applications, try the discrete graphics solutions from NVIDIA.
- High-resolution widescreen displays – Bright, easy-to-view displays up to 14.1’’ WXGA+ (1440×900) and 15.4’’ WSXGA+ (1680×1050).
R Series notebooks are built for ease-of-use and portability – and their long battery life lets you roam away from the power outlet without fear.
ThinkPad R Series models also offer greater, more individual control over battery life with BatteryStretch, a new feature that allows temporary selections in extreme situations to extend battery life beyond what your regular Power Manager settings might produce. With this easy interface, you can, for example, minimize the display refresh rate or disable certain wireless communications devices to help preserve the power you need to finish your work unplugged.
Wired and wireless connectivity
R Series features multiple ways to connect to different networks whether at the office or on the road:
No matter where your business or leisure takes you, you can always be connected. With the help of Access Connections, the network is literally just two button presses away. At the office or at home you can get rid of all kinds of cables and cords and enjoy the benefits of being wireless.
Lenovo is committed to protecting the environment and keeping your energy costs low. In addition, we are especially proud that the ThinkPad R400 and R500 earned an EPEAT Silver rating from the Green Electronics Council. To earn a silver rating, the ThinkPad R400 and R500 had to pass a set of 23 required environmental performance criteria and 14 optional criteria including energy conservation, environmentally sensitive materials selection, end of life management, and packaging. The ThinkPad R Series’ ENERGY STAR® 4.0 label also attests to its energy efficiency and low emissions.
The ENERGY STAR® 4.0 label requires that discrete graphics models in idle state consume less than 22W power, integrated graphics models less than 14W. This lowers operating costs, obviously. However, it also means reduced energy costs and heat emissions, making the ThinkPad R Series notebook a wise choice for the environment and your business.
from House of Fraser to Tesco,
no one is selling it, we're sorry to say,
not 367 retailers nor anyone on eBay,
but please don't worry even if it hurts,
you can look for alternatives or