Social commerce company Reevoo today announced the addition to its portfolio of advanced new social features to enable brands to benefit from the rapidly increasing importance of the social web as a source of trusted shopping advice.
New research shows that 38% of consumers use Facebook as a shopping tool and that 74% of shoppers are influenced by their friends’ recommendations. In fact, more than half of consumers are more influenced by a friend’s review than by a stranger’s review.
Richard Anson, founder and CEO of Reevoo, said: “By combining impartial advice from the two most trusted sources – verified customers and friends – brands can unlock the full potential of social commerce to deliver increased sales and long-term brand loyalty.”
Sean Emmett, Marketing and E-commerce Director at Jessops, said: “Reevoo’s new social functionality drives real customer engagement by letting our customers chat with their friends about their shopping choices just as they would if they were out together in a store. We’re now offering our customers a pretty much personalised shopping experience, and we believe this will help boost our conversion rates even further.”
The new functionality of Reevoo Social Reach boosts traffic and sales through a combination of enhanced trust, greater brand awareness and improved customer engagement using a variety of mechanisms including:
- Review sharing - allowing consumers to easily share their reviews on Facebook, Twitter and via email to intensify the positive word of mouth about a brand
- Ask Facebook friends - amplifying conversations about a brand by letting shoppers post their product or service questions to Facebook for their friends to follow and answer
- Fan acquisition – engage existing customers and drive longer term relationship by offering timely invitations to ‘Like’ and follow a brand’s social media channels, turning reviewers into loyal repeat customers
- Instant personalisation - customising each customer’s individual shopping experience on a brand’s site by highlighting reviews from a consumers’ social circle and information from Facebook profiles.
- Enhanced social validation - increasing the credibility of social content by letting consumers link their Facebook profile to their ratings and conversations.
- On-site social integration - integrate ‘Like’ or ‘Want’ Facebook buttons across a site to drive greater social reach for products and services
Notes to editors
- 38% of consumers use Facebook as a shopping tool. 74% of shoppers are influenced by their friends’ recommendations. Source: Fly Research, September 2011, n=1016
) is a world leading provider of social commerce solutions. Reevoo has been deployed by more than 150 major brands including Sony, Tesco, Octopus Travel and Dixons helping them to achieve average sales uplifts of 18% through boosted conversion rates and increased order values, turning browsers into shoppers.
Reevoo has solicited more than 2,800,000 pieces of independent, impartial social content from genuine customers. To help consumers make their purchase decision, Reevoo provides easy access to this content more than half a billion times every month to shoppers across the Reevoo network.
Both Barrels Communications Ltd (for Reevoo)
Tim Donnelly Smith
+44 7978 800275